We know these are challenging times and venturing out can be especially stressful. We want you to know that at CRCC we have implemented every safety measure possible to keep you safe and prevent the spread of Covid-19. Patient areas are continually disinfected, social distancing is enforced in our lobby, and all staff wear masks/gloves throughout the day. If you arrive for your appointment and wish to wear a mask, we will provide one for you as well.
About Alopecia Areata
Sudden hair loss, starting with one or more circular bald patches that may overlap. Alopecia areata occurs when the immune system attacks hair follicles and may be brought on by severe stress. The main symptom is hair loss.
About the Study
This study is testing an oral investigational medication versus placebo for 24 weeks with a 4-week follow-up. For every 10 patients who enroll, 8 will receive active medication while 2 will receive a placebo. All patients who complete this study will be eligible to participate in an open-label extension study.
Am I Eligible?
- Must be 18 to 65 years of age
- No history of hair transplants transplants
- Episodes lasting at least 6 months, but no more than 10 years.
What Should I Expect?
- Possible chance of receiving medication, placebo, or neither.
- Compensation may be available for time/travel.
- Patients that complete the 24-week trial will have the opportunity to go into the open-label extension, where everyone is guaranteed active mendication.
If you are interested in participating in one of these studies please complete the form below and we will be in touch with you soon.
Your information will be used for the sole purpose of qualifying you for this study. We will not, in any circumstances, share your personal information with other individuals or organizations without your permission.