Multiple Switch Plaque Psoriasis Study
We know these are challenging times and venturing out can be especially stressful. We want you to know that at CRCC we have implemented every safety measure possible to keep you safe and prevent the spread of Covid-19. Patient areas are continually disinfected, social distancing is enforced in our lobby, and all staff wear masks/gloves throughout the day. If you arrive for your appointment and wish to wear a mask, we will provide one for you as well.
About Plaque Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a chronic inflammatory skin disease characterized by raised, red oval plaques on the skin with silvery scales. Lesions are typically painful or itchy and can be associated with a high degree of morbidity. Plaques on visible skin have a particular impact on physical, sexual, psychosocial, and even economic status; associated with reduced levels of employment and income. Psoriasis is more than a superficial disease, with 30% of patients having joint involvement, and a high correlation between psoriasis and obesity, diabetes, depression, metabolic syndrome, and cardiovascular risk.
About the Study
36 week study testing Humira or a biosimilar medication for the treatment of plaque psoriasis.
Am I Eligible?
- 18-70 years old
- History of plaque psoriasis for at least 6 months
- 10% body coverage area affected with psoriasis (10 “handprints” of area affected)
- Never previously treated with Humira
What Should I Expect?
- Humira for 12 weeks for all patients
- Patients who do not respond by week 12 will be discontinued from the study
- For responders, there will be up to 23 visits
- Compensation may be available for time/travel
If you are interested in participating in one of these studies, please provide your contact information below. If you are a qualified candidate, a representative from our research department will be in touch with you.